The Idiot Next to Me <$BlogRSDUrl$>

The Idiot Next to Me
Yes, I'm Serious.

Honorable Mention

Tuesday, March 22, 2005
Been to the major news sites this morning? Don't bother... it's a boring rerun. Some kid goes into his school and... get this... kills a bunch of people. Ohhhh... then himself... ohhh.... big deal.

Yea, I know... poor attitude huh. That's how I felt the major news sites were looking at it. Remember when Columbine happened? The sites were covered with stories and photos... now MSNBC has it all covered in one link. On CNN the chick with brain damage still has the spotlight. For a moment, I almost thought CNN wasnt even running the story.

How depressing. Now let's move on to the other part of this story.People... listen... there is a pattern here. If you have children... please please teach them that picking on others is not nice. Not only that... it will get you killed.

Headline on MSNBC reads:

Native American teenager who killed nine people called himself "NativeNazi" and was picked on by other students for his behavior.


I'm sorta glad this isnt getting the big time exposure that Columbine did. I don't think I could stomach any more "It was drugs, it was the NRA, it was Marilyn Manson..." No, it was the kids.

For example, I live in Oklahoma City... Oklahoma is full of mouth breathing wanna-be cowboys (most have never seen a cow up close). When I was in high school, the people to fear were the jocks who listened to country music and didnt do drugs. But these same kids were also the ones who would publicly humiliate weaker students in the food court, trip them in the halls, deface their vehicle... make a young man feel like he was just a shell of a man. When you make someone hit rock bottom... dont panic when they perform acts of desperation. What else do they have to live for? You and your little group of 'wouldnt hurt a fly' mouth breathers already showed him that.

Look at some of this...
Student Sondra Hegstrom, 17, told the Minneapolis Star Tribune that Weise was into goth culture, wore "a big old black trench coat," drew pictures of skeletons, listened to heavy metal music and "talked about death all the time."

Why mention his clothes? If it was the school nerd, would they mention that he was wearing double knit slacks and a pocket protector?


"They didn't think anything of it," Hegstrom said, but "he got terrorized a lot" by others who called him names.

Sound familiar? See the pattern yet?


Relatives of Weise told the St. Paul Pioneer Press that Weise's father committed suicide four years ago, and his mother lives in a Minneapolis nursing home because she suffered brain injuries in a car accident, the relatives said.


Hmm... cant imagine what they picked on him about. Yep, there it is... if you listen to 'metal' and wear all black, then you must be a killer. Damn you for buying Manson's latest CD and damn your parents for buying that gun and not locking it up better.

Those poor poor students who made good grades, listened to adult music, dressed in bright colors...

Before you go off and think that I am on the side of the son-of-a-psycho-bastard-child-goth-punk let me set you straight. I think what he did was so terribly wrong. I think of all those parents and grandparents who are in such great loss over this and it makes me sad.

Priests wear all black and are in a room with a giant statue of a dead guy with wounds on his body all day. Remember the quote, 'He was into the goth culture (look up the definition for gothic then think of how the big churches have huge arches and vaulted ceilings) wore a big black trench coat (like a long flowing gown of black? Like a priest) and drew pictures of skeletons (hanging out with a statue of a dead body with a gaping hole in his side)'. Why don't people say 'No wonder that priest committed those crimes, he wears black all the time and is obsessed with statues of dead bodies.'???

I'm ranting... I know... it's what I do.

What would happen if next time, some kid killed only himself in the privacy of his own home. Let's say he left a note and this note said 'I couldnt stand being picked on at school for not falling in line with all the sheeple. They picked on me and humiliated me to the point of non existence. This is the final step. Bye.'?

Listen up kids... if you are getting picked on at school... bulk up. Take a few classes on how to defend yourself, find others like yourself who are the victim of similar abuse to join your cause, and everyday... for days on end... beat the living shit out of the nice boys who call you names and knock you around. Yes, they are going to hit you back... so what. They are probably hitting you anyway. While I believe that violence is NOT the answer to anything... beating the hell out of some loud ass mouth breather is much better then killing people.

So beat them down, just fists and feet... so bad they end up in the hospital for a few hours... maybe even a day... then when they get out... do it again. It will be more fun the second time because they will be in bad shape from the first time. While beating them you can make fun of their stitches and scars.

Someone will eventually come around and ask you why you are doing this... Then you can hold your head up high and say, 'because they pick on me... because I'm different... because they need to learn respect, and no one else is obviously going to teach them...' Tell them you are doing this to make them think twice about knocking someones books out of their hands, or calling someone a name in the halls... tell them that you are beating the hell out of these wonderfull students to help save lives.

I'm sure I lost some friends writing this... and I'm sure people are angry... and I know for sure that people are going to miss my point. I am not taking the side of the children who kill... not in the acts they commit. I am not saying the victims got what they deserve... He shouldnt have killed those people, and they shouldnt have pushed him. Same with Columbine.

Parents, teach your children not to hate, teach them tolerance, teach them also that some people do certain things because of the way they were raised, and they don't have free thinking or a will to be an individual. Tell your children not to pick on others because of the way they look or the type of music they listen to. Tell them that even though some people look like they are sheep in a flock, it is not okay to slaughter them as such.
9:08 AM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • I can see your side of things...and I'm in complete agreement with the fact that PARENTS should shoulder their share of responsibility.
    I've said many times before that parents (and even teachers, sometimes) are so very concerned about being a 'friend' that they completely forget that they're supposed to be the parents (or adults setting a good example).
    Kids need a grownup.
    I don't CARE if my kids get pissed at me. I don't CARE if they think I'm mean and don't understand.
    They'll get over it. And they won't be carrying any guns or dope to school, either.

    (oh, and regarding Oklahoma is full of mouth breathing wanna-be cowboys (most have never seen a cow up close)...I'm pretty sure I've dated most of those guys. Gah. ;)

    By Blogger Shannon akaMonty, at March 22, 2005 at 4:03 PM  
  • *snicker* Mimi funny. ;)

    DIVIDUAL...in case I don't get a chance tomorrow (Saturday)...
    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :)

    You'll never be the same...

    muahahahahahaha!

    By Blogger Shannon akaMonty, at March 25, 2005 at 6:06 PM  
Post a Comment
<< Home

Dividual Reality :: permalink